This is the major question which arises in the mind of every Anavar user. But before answering this question, let us take a look at what actually is Anavar.
Anavar is basically the brand name of Oxandrolone, which is a synthetic anabolic – androgenic steroid. It is similar to Testosterone, a steroid which occurs naturally in the human body. It was introduced in the market as a prescription drug in the US in the year 1964. Since then it has been largely used as a steroid due to its mild nature and comparatively less side effects.
Uses of Anavar:
Anavar helps in the growth of the muscle tissue, without adding to the bulk. It is also used in :
- Regaining weight, lost in a surgery, severe trauma or chronic infections
- Decrease muscle loss caused due to the prolonged usage of medicines like corticosteroids
- Used to be prescribed to the burn patients
- Also prescribed to the HIV and AIDS patients to help with muscle wasting
- Relive pain due to bone loss in osteoporosis
- In the treatment of idiopathic short stature
- In the treatment of Turner syndrome
Anavar is usually safe without any major side effects, but before starting on Anavar you need to determine how many mg of Anavar is safe for you to take.
Factors that determine the right dosage of Anavar:
- Gender: Anavar dosage for females is generally less than that for males. For females, the average dosage is 10 mg and for males, this can be around 50-60 mg
- Age: the dosage of Anavar differs for children and adults. It is usually less for children
- Purpose: the dosage also depends on the purpose for which you want to take Anavar. Like for medical purposes or to get toned muscles.
- Your workout sessions (how often do you workout)
Side effects of Anavar:
Anavar is very mild and there are usually no or very fewer side effects. It is quite safe if taken carefully. But the common misconception that it is absolutely safe and has no side effects is wrong. It is a steroid and though it doesn’t have as many and as serious side effects as the other steroids have, it does have some side effects. It might have different side effects in females and males.
- Enlargement of clitoris
- Irregularity in menstrual cycle
- Deepening of voice
- Unusual facial /body hair growth
- Men who are predisposed to baldness, due to any genetic condition should be extra careful with Anavar, as it can accelerate baldness
- Affects the production of Testosterone by the body
- Enlargement of prostate gland
- Increase in the liver enzymes
- Breakout of acne